Brand and Retail Marketing Manager
Position: Brand and Retail Marketing Manager
Employer: Vitamin Angel Alliance, Inc. (VA)
Location: Flexible. This person can work remotely from anywhere in the continental US or work from our corporate headquarters in Goleta, CA or our office in Chicago, IL, or any combination thereof.
About Vitamin Angels
Vitamin Angels (VA) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, global public health organization working towards ending malnutrition worldwide by distributing life-changing vitamins and minerals to at-risk mothers and children under five throughout the U.S., and around the world.
Vitamin Angels is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are a dedicated group of individuals who aim to foster a supportive environment where everyone can contribute, thrive, and grow.
Role or Purpose of Position
You are a natural integrator and relationship maker. Collaboration comes easy to you and you thrive in helping to deliver value to our Corporate Partners through innovative, two-way marketing initiatives. You will help make sure our Corporate Partners unlock the true marketing value of our brand by helping to create custom and campaign-focused marketing plans for Retail and Brand partners.
The Brand & Retail Marketing Manager is a hybrid role of leading and supporting strategic interactions with retail and brand partners, which relate to their Vitamin Angels marketing initiatives. You will be responsible for thought leadership within a portfolio of accounts, while also collaborating with the Senior Brand and Retail Marketing Manager on projects.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership and direct management of retail and brand activities, as well as partner on internal coordination and fulfillment of value-add marketing for our Corporate Partners. This position requires a results-driven blend of strategy, relationship-building and strong integrated marketing skills. In this role you will work in partnership with the Account Management team (Development Division) and the Senior Brand & Retail Marketing Manager to help fulfill the marketing needs of our corporate partners while demonstrating the value of our brand.
This position will represent the brand of Vitamin Angels and uphold the image of the organization by remaining sensitive to the complexities of nonprofit marketing, especially as it pertains to retail, mass media, digital and other emerging media.
The Brand & Retail Marketing Manager is part of the Marketing Division, reporting to the Senior Brand & Retail Marketing Manager, and collaborates with the Marketing team on developing and supporting Vitamin Angels’ overall marketing strategies. You apply expertise in all aspects integrated and retail marketing while working to promote, exemplify and further the mission, values and culture of Vitamin Angels.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- • Leads the generation of brand marketing plans for key accounts in partnership with the Development Division.
- • Works with the Development Division to add value to the partnership by providing support in marketing endeavors (ideation, content/asset development, relationship building and marketing retail/brand relevance).
- • Owns the integration and inclusion of Vitamin Angels across the channels of our partners.
- • Understands partner audiences and works with corporate partners to engage audiences through campaigns, content creation and coordination.
- • Lead strategic direction on corporate partner marketing endeavors including campaigns, webinars, observances and milestones.
- • Conduct analyses and create reports that demonstrate the impact and success of marketing initiatives and impact of key partnerships including actionable recommendations
- • Collaborate with SVP, Associate Directors, Project Managers, and Account Managers on Development team to establish strategy, metrics and objectives for key marketing initiatives with corporate partners
- • Lead and advise on Corporate Partner presence and recognition across VA social channels
- • Collaborate with corporate partners to establish strategy, metrics and objectives and help them meet those objectives.
- • Standardize and develop best practices to efficiently manage and monitor marketing programs, sponsorships and co-marketing opportunities.
- • Attend and help coordinate in-person and virtual events with key corporate partners including webinars, milestone recognition celebrations, trade shows, etc.
- • Participate in strategic account meetings / calls providing support to the Development Division.
- • Manage special project requests related to marketing initiatives and acts as point of contact for corporate partners, external agencies, and Vitamin Angels’ internal divisions and staff members.
- • Supports Senior Marketing Manager and Retail/Brand Account Managers in overall strategy, research and execution of projects related to Corporate Partnership marketing initiatives
- • Prioritizes protecting beneficiary interests as designated in Vitamin Angels’ • Protecting Beneficiary Rights policy in the interest of preserving dignity of beneficiary communities as well as the integrity of Vitamin Angels and its corporate partners
- • Manages day to day of project progress.
- • Assists Marketing Division in identification and vetting of external agencies & contractors.
Level of Decision-Making
Within the bounds of VA’s mission, values and policies, and sound professional practices, the Brand and Retail Marketing Manager has the discretion to use independent judgment to make decisions of significant consequence that affect VA clients, partners, and employees.
VA operates under a collaborative, matrix management model. The Brand and Retail Marketing Manager establishes their own daily work priorities and ensures that all responsibilities are conducted consistent with accepted best practices, sound professional judgment and within established schedule and budget.
|Senior Brand & Retail Marketing Manager
|Primary working relationships:
|Marketing Division: VP of Marketing, Director of Brand Marketing & Operations, Associate Director of PR & Communications, Social Media Manager, Digital Marketing Manager
Development Division: Account Managers, SVP of Development, Associate Directors
Programs Division: As needed
Qualifications and Skills (Required and Preferred)
- • Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Business, or Communications majors preferred) OR equivalent experience
- • 3-5 years professional experience required in retail or consumer marketing with a track record of advancement
- • Must work well independently and within a team
- • Lead and influence others across functions by building strong relationships
- • Effective communicator able to inspire action in others
- • Demonstrate passion for the Brand and create innovative concepts
- • Ability to synthesize historical data, post-mortems with marketing research and other information sources to develop go-to-market strategies that align with organizational goals
- • Budget management skills to ensure budget tracking in line with plans/projections & ROI
- • Ability to exercise a high degree of discretion, professionalism and tact in dealing with corporate partners, especially with regard to confidential or sensitive information.
- • Sensitivity to cultural and circumstantial norms and differences.
- • Ability to manage stress, including but not limited to stress resulting from local and foreign travel, large crowds, open spaces, shared office space, and daily activities.
- • Ability to lift, or carry, approximately 20-40 lbs. on a regular basis.
- • Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time, including but not limited to prolonged air travel, and general job assignments perform at a desk.
- • Must have a valid passport and ability to travel internationally.
- • Ability to walk or hike in conditions which may include uneven surfaces, inclinations, stairs, extreme weather, long distances, elevation changes or extremes, and / or other conditions associated with foreign travel.
- • Ability to receive necessary vaccines and medication for travel to certain countries.
- • Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred (not required)
- • Experience working at a marketing agency, servicing multiple clients
- • Strong knowledge and understanding of relevant retail marketing strategies and channel optimization
- • Strong understanding of DTC brand strategies
- • Strong digital advertising and social media integration
- • Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Comprehensive benefit package includes:
- • Medical, dental and vision insurance (100% covered for employees, 50% for dependents medical coverage)
- • Life Insurance
- • 401(k)
- • Generous paid time off
- • Paid holidays
- • Paid winter recharge break
- • Wellness program
- • 8 weeks paid pregnancy disability
- • 8 weeks paid paternal leave and more!
Applications will be accepted until April 15, 2023, or until a qualified applicant is identified.