Social Media & Communications Manager
Vitamin Angels Alliance, Inc. (VA) is a global non-profit organization with headquarters in Santa Barbara, California, USA. It is working to improve nutrition and health outcomes for underserved women and children worldwide through evidence-based nutrition interventions in 65 countries.
Position: Social Media & Communications Manager
Employer: Vitamin Angel Alliance, Inc. (VA)
Location: Flexible. This person can work remotely from anywhere in the continental US or work from our corporate headquarters in Goleta, CA or our office in Chicago, IL, or any combination thereof.
Salary Range: $75,000-80,000/year
About Vitamin Angels
Vitamin Angels (VA) is a 501(c)3 non-profit, global public health organization working towards ending malnutrition worldwide by distributing life-changing vitamins and minerals to at-risk mothers and children under five throughout the U.S., and around the world.
Vitamin Angels is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are a dedicated group of individuals who aim to foster a supportive environment where everyone can contribute, thrive, and grow.
Role or Purpose of Position
The Social Media & Communications Manager brings Vitamin Angels’ voice and mission to life through key marketing touchpoints. This role is primarily responsible for leading the strategic vision of Vitamin Angels’ social media, developing and maintaining Vitamin Angels’ presence across all social media platforms, and partnering cross-functionally to integrate social media into all areas of the business. The Social Media & Communications Manager’s primary function is content development in the form of copywriting, which includes social posts, creative briefs, and creative asset requests. The ability to write strong, dynamic copy across a variety of mediums is essential.
The Social Media & Communications Manager will also support the PR function of the business by writing press releases, media reports, thought leadership articles, award and speaking submissions, media talking points, email campaigns, and more.
This role requires a natural leader with a passion for authentic storytelling who wants to help us take our social channels and PR tactics to the next level.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- • Lead the development and implementation of social strategy across all Vitamin Angels social channels (including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, new and emerging platforms, etc.), in line with brand goals and objectives
- • Manage campaign planning, content calendars, publishing, reporting, and optimization across all social channels
- • Oversee monthly content calendar planning and scheduling, daily publishing, and community management
- • Develop and pitch compelling content ideas to drive awareness, traffic, and engagement
- • Work with creative team and external brand partners to ideate, craft, and create engaging and shareable campaign content
- • Manage creative briefs and draft creative asset requests for social content
- • Develop performance goals and monthly performance reports to demonstrate the effectiveness of social content and provide optimization recommendations
- • Engage corporate partner influencers to broaden Vitamin Angels’ social reach
- • Support the execution of brand influencer campaigns, working with our PR agency and content team to develop and promote relevant campaigns.
- • Partner with PR agency and internal team to brainstorm earned/owned strategies that amplify brand awareness during relevant moments
- • Partner with digital marketing team to develop compelling copy for paid ads including search, social, display and ensuring our paid strategies are cohesive, impactful, and efficient across communication channels
- •Lead development of copy for social (paid and organic), email, website (Newsroom) and as directed for PR initiatives including press materials, creative pitches, and more.
Level of Decision-Making
Within the bounds of VA’s mission, values and policies, and sound professional practices, the Social Media & Communications Manager has the discretion to use independent judgment to make decisions of significant consequence that affect VA clients, partners, and employees.
VA operates under a collaborative, matrix management model. The Social Media and Communications Manager establishes their own daily work priorities and ensures that all responsibilities are conducted consistent with accepted best practices, sound professional judgment, and within established schedule and budget.
|Reports to:||Associate Director of PR and Communications|
|Supervises:||None at this time|
|Primary working relationships:||Integrated Marketing Team|
● PR agency and suppliers
● Corporate Partners & Individual Donors
● Development team partners
● Content production team
o Graphic designer(s)
o Other associated members of the content marketing team
● Programmatic partners to develop and interpret associated data and statistics
|Travel required:||Yes, ~10%|
Qualifications and Skills (Required and Preferred
- • 3-5 years of relevant work experience in social media, ideally leading social strategy at an agency or in-house for consumer and/or a lifestyle brand/s
- • Strong copywriting and storytelling skills
- • BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- • Experience developing strategy and managing monthly content calendars for consumer brands
- • Proven ability to grow engagement and followers on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- • Excellent written communication and editing skills, with the ability to write clear briefs for agency and creative partners
- • Strong knowledge of social media measurement tools, techniques and platforms, including Sprout Social
- • Knowledge of organic and paid social, with the ability to connect the dots to maximize brand presence
- • Ability to interpret complicated or industry-specific information and translate it into digestible content
- • Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- • Excellent project management and organizational skills
- • Natural leader with a positive and collaborative working style
- • Team player who is highly motivated and a driven self-starter
- • Problem-solver who can make quick decisions, and possess excellent conflict resolution skills
- • Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- • Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time, including but not limited to prolonged air travel, and general job assignments performed at a desk.
- • Ability to receive necessary vaccines and medication required for travel to certain countries.
- • Ability to obtain a passport or other required documentation, necessary for travel.
Preferred (not required):
- • Experience leading PR strategies
Comprehensive benefit package includes Medical, Dental and Vision Care, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Holidays, Wellness Program, paid parental leave and more.
Applications will be accepted until May 12, 2023, or until a qualified applicant is identified.